Reasons for DOT Audit:
A new entrant audit occurs during the company’s first 18 months in business, although it usually happens within the company’s first six months after DOT has assigned your business a number.
You will be the subject of a targeted audit if your CSA score is high.
REVIEWED DURING AN AUDIT:
CSA Score for company with US runs.
· Reckless driving
· Improper lane change
· Improperly documented logbooks
· Hours of service violations like not taking a 30-minute break or driving too many hours
· Broken brakes
· Lights malfunctioning
· Vehicle defects
· Failure to make required repairs
· Use/possession of controlled substances or alcohol
· Leaking containers
· Not properly packaged
· Improper placarding
· Invalid license
· Unfit to operate CMV based on medical requirements